Dorico update 1.2 available
December 5, 2017
Today we are happy to announce the availability of Dorico 1.2. This is the sixth update to our new professional scoring application. Version 1.2 boasts unique features for smart score preparation, with cues in instrumental parts that are dynamically linked to their source material. Also, this update provides flexible unpitched percussion as well as publication-quality fingering for piano and other instruments.
Other new features include:
- Change the graphical size of practically any item in the music with new custom scaling properties.
- New time-saving tools for building chords via a dedicated popover, allowing you to add octaves, thirds or sixths – or even to produce block voicings – above and below in just a couple of key strokes.
- Support for shape note or Sacred Harp notation, with comprehensive support for the four- and seven-shape systems widely used in community singing groups in the United States and elsewhere.
- Support for Figurenotes© colours, a system for colouring notes according to pitch that is widely used in education, particularly for students with accessibility or special educational needs.
- Many user interface improvements, including more consistent use of user-chosen measurement units throughout the program, print preview improvements, quick hiding of signposts, quick switching between the full score and the appropriate part layout with a single keypress, and more.
Dorico 1.2 also includes dozens of further improvements and fixes. This update is recommended for all Dorico users, and is available for download from our website. For detailed information, please refer to the corresponding version history on the download page.
March 29, 2018
Give the drummer your feedback! From today until April 8, 2018, we are conducting an online survey...
March 29, 2018
We’ll be at the Musikmesse trade show in Frankfurt, Germany, from April 11–14, and we'd be...
March 27, 2018
Today we are happy to announce the availability of Cubasis 2.4, the latest update adding...
March 22, 2018
Today we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the latest maintenance update for...
March 21, 2018
Today, we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the latest Nuendo maintenance...
March 14, 2018
Today we release Metro Heights, the next VST Sound Instrument Set for Groove Agent 4 and Groove...
March 12, 2018
We are pleased to announce Steinberg VR, our initiative that introduces cost-effective,...
March 8, 2018
Today we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the next maintenance update for the...